DWI DUI Defense
NJSA 39:4-50, Driving While Intoxicated
Once the reality has set in after you have been arrested and charged in New Jersey with DWI, you quickly realize the life changing implications a conviction may have. Let’s face it, trying to do anything in New Jersey without a driver’s license is hard. Keeping a job, supporting your family, continuing your education may be downright impossible.
But now is not the time to throw in the towel. Everyone makes mistakes. But the DWI laws in New Jersey don’t allow for plea bargaining. This ties the hands of the prosecutor and removes most of the prosecutorial discretion that a defendant charged with just about any other offense would benefit from.
Additionally, there is no case heard in the Municipal Courts that is more complicated to defend than a DWI. The Alcotest Machine (formerly the Breathalyzer) is a complicated scientific instrument and understanding it takes training. The Standardized Field Sobriety Tests are very specific in the requirements for administration and performance assessment. Knowing the specifics of how these tests were developed and how they are supposed to be performed is crucial to an effective defense.
Our DWI defense lawyer is specifically certified and trained in the area of DWI defense, including in the administration and maintenance of the Alcotest and the Standardized Field Sobriety Tests. There are only a handful of attorneys in the State who have received this training. Because of this experience, the Firm has enjoyed a high success rate defending DWI charges.
Additionally, understanding important Fourth Amendment constitutional issues is likewise essential to developing a strong argument. We will ask our thoroughly investigate and prepare each case answer these important questions like:
- Was it valid for the police to stop your vehicle
- Were any statements you made give without proper Miranda warnings
- Was there probable cause to arrest you and make you blow into the Alcotest
Additionally, our specific training in DWI defense will give you a better chance to get a good result in your case and raise essential issues that are relevant to your case like:
- Are the Alcotest results admissible as evidence of your intoxication
- Where your field sobriety tests administered correctly
- Was the Alcotest instrument working properly
We all need a second chance, but second chances are only possible with DWI charges if you hire experienced and qualified representation. If you are facing a DWI in any town in the State, we are available 24/7 to answer any questions you may have. The attorneys at our Firm are ready to help.
- Underage Drinking
- DWI First Offense
- DWI Second Offense
- DWI Third or Subsequent Offense
- Ignition Interlock Device
- Cranford DWI Attorneys
- Morris County DWI Attorneys
- Bloomfield DWI and Drug Lawyers
- Branchburg DWI and Drug Lawyers
- Readington DWI and Drug Defense Attorneys
- DWI and ICE enforcement
- Weehawken DWI Attorneys (N.J.S.A. 39:4-50)
- Mendham DWI and Drug Lawyers
- Hoboken DWI Lawyers (N.J.S.A. 39:4-50)
- Refusal to Submit a Chemical Breath Test NJSA 39: 4-50.4a and NJSA 39:4-50.2
- DWI/DUI Checkpoints
- New Jersey Standardized Field Sobriety Tests